Monday, November 19, 2007

The Template

I hope everyone completed their assignment and made a detailed needs analysis...I know I have. So now that I know what qualities I need to improve, how do I assimilate all of my needs into a solid program? Well, you need to design a training template. I've made a list of what a training template is and what a training template isn't, these are some common mistakes that I often see.

Is:
1. An OUTLINE of the training week
2. Lifting categories per training session
3. Structure of the hierarchy of needs

Not:
1. List of exercises
2. Reps and sets
3. Specific speed/agility/mobility/conditioning drills

Example of a 4 Day Training Template

Mon: Linear Acceleration, DE Squat, Post Chain, Upper Back, Arm Flex, Abs Static

Tues: Reactive Strength (OLY),1-Leg Sq asst, ME Press,Horizontal Pull, Tri Asst (vol)
Ab Flexion

Thur: Agility, DE Squat, Post Chain, Upper back, Arm Flexion, Abs Static

Fri: OLY, Work Cap, 1 Leg, DE Press,Vert Pull,Tri Asst


Another way to do this is to create an emphasis for the day.
Example:

Mon: Speed Tue: Power Thur: Strength Fri: Work Capacity

But within each of these days you are training all qualities, but the emphasis shifts.

I hope this helps...so get off your rear now and right a template!!!

No comments: