Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Spectracell Laboratories

Recently I called my buddy Bob Calvin, he's a Performance Nutritionist at the Andrew's Institute/Athletes' Performance, regarding some nutrition advice. I explained to Bob how I've been hovering around 14-15% body fat for some time and I'd like to get below 10%. I gave him a good run down on my diet and it checked out with him.

Bob told me that before he would design me a nutrition program that he'd like me to have a Functional Intracellular Analysis completed by Spectracell Laboratories. Spectracell has developed an amazing series of tests where they use your lymphocytes to determine what your body metabolizes correctly/incorrectly, and they can determine what type of micronutrient, antioxidant and lipid deficiencies that you might have. Spectracell takes your lymphocytes and grows them in an isolated environment. Then, one by one they add or remove specific micronutrients to determine if you have a deficiency. The Comprehensive Test runs around $350, but that's a small price to pay to really know whats going on inside your body.

I'm excited to find out what I need to change in my diet to get optimal results from my training. I'll be blogging about the changes that take place on this new program.

Train Hard!!!

Erik Korem

No comments: