Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Nutrient Timing

Ever since I've been training I've been told to consume a protein shake post exercise. From what I understood, this one acute bout of nutritional supplementation was going to provide me with all the muscle-building nutrients that I needed...boy was I wrong!

Recently, John Ivy, Ph.D and Rober Portman Ph.D, published a book that has turned the sports nutrition world upside down...its entitled Nutrient Timing. This book takes what most of us couldn't process or gather in the current literature regarding nutritional feeding during training ,and it lays out a precise step by step approach to maximizing muscle growth and reducing body fat.

Over the next few days I will be highlighting some of the great points from this book that you can immediately implement into your training. Don't miss out!

No comments: